Internship and Fellowship Opportunities
GALVESTON COUNTY MUSEUM
January 28, 2017-The Galveston County Museum Internship Program was designed to provide undergraduate and graduate level students unpaid internships that offer students an opportunity to gain practical public administration, museum, historical collections/curatorial, and visitor services experience relevant to their coursework and career interests.
The Galveston County Museum Internship Program will:
- Give students an overview of Galveston County Museum by working closely with museum staff.
- Provide students with experience working in Museum departments, Historical Collections/Curatorial, Visitor Services fields and Agency Administration.
- Allow students to earn course credit, depending on internship, degree plan and institution.
- Enhance appreciation of public service.
- Enable students to begin building a work history.
Internships may be available in the following division programs:
- Agency Administration including: Staff Services; Information Resources; exhibits.
- Graphic Design
- Enterprise Management, including Retailing
- Historical Collections/Curatorial, including historic decorative arts, furnishings, artwork in the Texas Capitol, and the photographic and video-graphic collections
- Galveston County Museum: Exhibits; Education; Administration; Theater; Public Programming; Public Relations and Marketing; Graphic Design; Membership; Rentals and Special Events; and Volunteer Program Administration
Nature of Work:
The nature of the work will vary based on the museums development needs and the internship.
- For information please contact: Museum@co.galveston.tx.us
- Completed Internship Application
- Online: www.galvestoncountymuseum.org
Jennifer Wycoff -
- Galveston County Museum 722 Moody Ave. Galveston, Texas 77550
- (409) – 766-2340